One Capital Region Town Was Just Ranked the Happiest in New York State
The other day, we gave you the bad news... a couple of Capital Region towns were some of the laziest in all of New York State. But, now, I bring you the good news.
Zippia.com has named one very special Albany-area town the happiest place in New York!
Here is the set of criteria that they used to rank the 341 towns in New York with over 2,000 people:
- Being well-educated (population with at least a bachelor’s degree)
- Having a job (as measured by the unemployment rate)
- A short commute to work (traffic sucks)
- Low cost of living
- Having a family (getting, and staying married, has a ton of happiness benefits, on average)
- Owning a home (that’s a big plus)
- And the poverty rate (money definitely helps out)
And here are the top 10 Happiest Places:
- Harris Hill
- Setauket-East Setauket
- North Wantagh
- North Hills
- West Hills
- North Merrick
- Cold Spring Harbor
Yay Niskayuna! Congrats on being so darned happy!
No other Capital Region place made the list... what do you make of that? Are you happy in your town? Which Albany-area towns should have made the list?
Click here to see where your town ranked!