No Million Dollar Beach? Try These Instead
The shutting down of Million Dollar beach in Lake George is certainly a bummer, but as the first weekend of Summer approaches , let's not forget that there are plenty of other worthy options less than one hour away. You may have forgotten about these gems, or quite possibly never even knew they existed!
The website Albany.com listed 5 beaches worth checking out under an hour away. Even with the current closing of Million Dollar beach, Lake George is home to a plethora of spots to bask in the sun or cool off in the water.
- Brown's Beach on Saratoga Lake Want to hit the beach, but not go too far? Head up the Northway to Brown's Beach on the southern end of Saratoga Lake.
- Grafton Lakes State Park If you're looking for somewhere to swim near Albany, you should definitely check out Long Pond at Grafton Lakes State Park.
- Cherry Plain State Park Beach This state park southeast of Albany has a little bit of everything. Start your morning hiking and then relax on the beach in the afternoon. You can even go horseback riding or camp overnight.
- Moreau Lake State Park Beach Located between Saratoga and Lake George, Moreau Lake State Park is a hidden gem in the Southern Adirondack region.
- There are several public beaches on Lake George, and with Million Dollar Beach having been shut down, perhaps it's time to explore a few of these!