Niskayuna To Hold A “Paint Off” Contest On March 3rd
Heck, you gotta help your neighbors, right? Being a Niskayunan, I thought I’d help spread the word about a very cool contest going on right in my town.
Since they sent me alot of information, I’ll keep my blabbing to a minimum, but this is so cool. It’s a timed relay race that involves artistic talent. What a brilliant idea! Here’s the info!
Do you enjoy art, the excitement of competition, and helping others?
Combine all three at the Niskayuna Paint Off, hosted by the Niskayuna Art Out!. This is a timed relay race!
DATE: March 3, 2012
TIME: Set up – 1:30 pm
Competition – 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Judging – 4:30 pm
PLACE: Niskayuna Community Center
2682 Aqueduct Road
Niskayuna, New York 12309
DEADLINE: February 29, 2012
In this painting relay, up to 11 teams of 2-8 painters will switch off in ten-minute intervals over 2 hours to collaborate on a single work, all to help raise money for the charity of their choice! All artwork will be displayed in the Niskayuna Town Board Room from March 6th to April 30th.
For a complete list of rules, contact: Edie Cannizzo at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lori Peretti at 386-4526
Return completed form to Lori Peretti at Niskayuna Town Hall, One Niskayuna Circle, Niskayuna NY 12309
Rules of Contest
- · Teams of 2 to 8 participants: all ages welcome
- · Total of 11 teams competing
- · Relay/tag team painting: switch of a bell
- · 10 min painting intervals, total of 10 intervals (2 hours total painting time)
- · Break at 1hr interval for 20 min.
- · Must have non-profit organization that they are painting and competing for
- · Teams collect sponsors for each interval to raise moneys
Teams are responsible for
- · Paint
- · Brushes
- · Easels: standing or table top
- · Drop clothes
- · Teams are encouraged to wear the same color shirt. Your team may want to wear funny costumes or unique hats to add more excitement to the event.
The Town will provide
- · Space
- · 8ft table
- · One canvas for each team to paint on
- · Snacks and refreshments will be available for purchase
- · Judging day of event-Best in Show, 1st , 2nd, 3rd
- · ‘Niskayuna Art Out’ Facebook “Like” Photo Page-You will be given web address day of event, deadline for voting is March 31st.
- · Peoples Choice vote at Town Hall
- · Best Sponsor-team that raises the most money
- · Feature in Niskayuna Town Newsletter
- · Feature on Town Web Page
- · Ceremonial Resolution presented at Town Board Meeting
We are also having another Niskayuna Art Out “Paint OUT” in August!!!!