New York is Among the Highest Ranked States for Women – Here’s Why
Happy Women's History Month!
Women are more than half of the population of the country, so it's important to know in which states women have it best.
And, I'm happy to report that our great state, New York, is ranked 16th. Not bad, New York, not bad!
Analysts compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 15 key metrics. Ranging from “median earnings for female workers” to “women’s preventive health care” to “female uninsured rate.”
So New York is better than 34 other states! And, check out these stats-
Women’s Quality of Life in New York (1=Best, 25=Avg.):
- 29th – Unemployment Rate for Women
- 30th – % of Women Living in Poverty
- 19th – Share of Women-Owned Businesses
- 29th – High School Dropout Rate for Women
- 13th – Female Uninsured Rate
- 5th – Women’s Life Expectancy at Birth
- 1st – ‘Top-Rated Women’s Hospitals’ Score
- 13th – Women’s Preventive Health Care