New Country Singers Discovered At CMA Music Festival
While I was honoring the legends at the CMA Music Festival, northeast Country fan Scott Risley was discovering the new country singers on the rise.
Risley, a longtime country music fan and karaoke host at the Barrel Saloon in Albany, New York introduces us to his favorite new country singers from the CMA Music Festival.
1. Brian Davis- Davis literally does country his own way. I’ve seen him a couple of times and he always makes sure to tell the crowd that he doesn’t sing anything he doesn’t write and he doesn’t write about anything he doesn’t know about. He’s been on your opening for Brantley Gilbert for the past year and is currently on tour opening for Aaron Lewis. With songs on his current album Under The Influence that have co-writers such as Brantley Gilbert, Chase Rice and Florida Georgia Line I think you should be hearing from him shortly. (Brian Davis is pictured above (right) with Scott Risley (left)).
2. Doug McCormick- Doug is just an old fashioned country boy and his music mixes both the traditional sound with that of some of the newer artists. I met him when I went to Nashville last year and he is one of the most down to earth guys you will ever meet. His current album “The Last Country Song” has everything from upbeat songs like “Watch Your Mouth” to the traditional country ballads like “Daddy Loves You” just an album you will have no trouble listening to from beginning to end.
3. Johhny T- A regular act at The Stage on Broadway in Nashville. The lyrics from one of their songs describe them the best “You might like it you might not, I mix a little bit of country with a whole lot of rock” Their current EP “Everything About You” is full of great party songs that you can’t help but dance to and song along even only after listening a couple times.
4. JJ Lawhorn– One of country musics new young guns, with a tour opening for Colt Ford under his belt and an album coming out in July he is definitely one to watch, with songs like “Sittin on a tailgate” and “Stomping Grounds” already out on iTunes this kid is definitely one to watch.
5. Outshyne- Hailing from South Carolina these guys are just awesome. Their current CD “Startin Over” has everything from slower songs like the title track to rockers like dirt road romance. Definitely a band to watch.
Special thanks to Scott Risley for writing these great reviews and helping us discover the new Country stars on the rise, click on any name above to learn more about each new country singer. Click here to see my show honoring the legends of the 2013 CMA Music Festival.