NBA Free Agents-Deron Williams, Dwight Howard, Steve Nash
Deron Williams, Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Goran Dragic and Jason Kidd are some of the free agents up for grabs this season in the NBA. Williams could recieve about $25 million for a year if he re-signs with the Nets. So far, the nets have also been unable to convince the Orlando Magic to trade Dwight Howard.
Here’s a look at the rest of this summer’s top 20 NBA free agents:
2. Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs, F/C: Duncan, 36, has already declared himself a “Spur for life.” The only question is the length and value of his contract.
3. Nash, Phoenix Suns, PG: Nash has publicly said he’s open to re-signing with the Suns. Still, given how much other teams value him.
4. Roy Hibbert, Indiana Pacers, C: The Pacers are planning to match any offer by another team. Given Hibbert’s age (25), and potential, he’s likely headed for a big payday.
5. Eric Gordon (restricted), New Orleans Hornets, G: The Hornets drafted talented guard Austin Rivers, who potentially could replace Gordon, the top shooting guard in free agency this summer. The Hornets may still consider matching whatever offer sheet Gordon receives.
6. Brook Lopez (restricted), Brooklyn Nets, F/C: The Nets have offered Lopez in potential trade packages for Howard, but he’s still expected to get a contract from them.
7. Goran Dragic, Houston Rockets, PG:The Rockets want to keep Dragic, but it probably won’t be cheap. The Raptors, Mavericks, Hornets and Suns – who traded Dragic to the Rockets – also have interest.
8. Jameer Nelson, Orlando Magic, PG:Nelson said he’s open to re-signing with the Magic, but he’ll also draw outside interest depending on where the other top point guards sign.
9. O.J. Mayo, Memphis Grizzlies, SG: Brooklyn, Boston, Phoenix, Indiana and Portland are interested, a league source said. The Celtics tried to acquire Mayo last season in a trade for Ray Allen.
10. Chauncey Billups, Los Angeles Clippers, PG: Billups is recovering from an Achilles injury and should be ready to play by the start of the season. The Rockets, Chicago Bulls, Trail Blazers and Philadelphia 76ers also have interest.
11. Ersan Ilyasova, Milwaukee Bucks, F: The Bucks are expected to get competition from Brooklyn, Cleveland, Toronto and possibly Philadelphia.
12. Jamal Crawford, Portland Trail Blazers, G: The Los Angeles Clippers, Minnesota Timberwolves, Sacramento Kings and Mavericks could emerge as possible suitors for Crawford.
13. Jeremy Lin (restricted), New York Knicks, PG: The Knicks don’t have plans to let Lin leave just yet.
14. Andre Miller, Denver Nuggets, PG: The Nuggets would like to re-sign Miller, but he could also draw interest from the Golden State Warriors, Knicks, Magic, Nets, Suns and Mavericks.
15. Jason Kidd, Dallas Mavericks, PG: Kidd could return to the Mavericks, depending on who else they sign. The Knicks and Nets might have interest.
16. Omer Asik (restricted), Chicago Bulls, C: Asik is receiving interest from Chicago, Houston, Portland and Philadelphia.
17. Ray Allen, Boston Celtics, G: The Suns are expected to pursue Allen.
18. Brandon Roy, Portland Trail Blazers, G: Roy now plans to make his comeback this season after a knee injury. The Timberwolves, Mavericks, Bulls and Pacers all have interest.
19. Gerald Wallace, Brooklyn Nets, F: Wallace is expected to re-sign with the Nets, but Charlotte, Cleveland and Houston might also bid for him.
20. Chris Kaman, New Orleans Hornets, C: Kaman could draw interest from Indiana, Phoenix, Portland, Sacramento, Dallas.
Other unrestricted free agents of interest: Boston Celtics forward Brandon Bass; Los Angeles Clippers forward Reggie Evans; Boston Celtics forward Jeff Green; Portland Trail Blazers guard Jonny Flynn; Phoenix Suns forward Grant Hill; Los Angeles Lakers forward Jordan Hill; Atlanta Hawks guard Kirk Hinrich; Utah Jazz forward Josh Howard; Cleveland Cavaliers forward Antawn Jamison; New Orleans Hornets forward Rashard Lewis; Los Angeles Clippers forward Kenyon Martin; Utah Jazz guard C.J. Miles; Los Angeles Lakers point guard Ramon Sessions; New York Knicks guard J.R. Smith; Dallas Mavericks guard Jason Terry; Miami forward Rony Turiaf; Charlotte Bobcats forward D.J. White; Los Angeles Clippers guard Nick Young.
Other restricted free agents of interest: Minnesota Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley; Phoenix Suns guard Aaron Brooks; New York Knicks guard Landry Fields; Portland Trail Blazers forward J.J. Hickson; Indiana Pacers guard George Hill.
NBA teams can begin negotiating with free agents at 12:01 a.m. this Sunday. Contracts can’t officially be signed until July 11. (for the rest of the story: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba–nba-s-2012-top-20-free-agents–deron-williams-leads-list.html )