How I Became The Person I Never Thought I’d Be
The other day while I was writing a blog for WGNA about a weekend activity I did with my son Brody, it was brought to my attention that years ago, I would scoff at people who write these kinds of things and use them as content. They're not wrong, I would have. If the Brian of 4 years ago could see the Brian now, what would he think? How did I become the person I'd never thought I'd be? Don't get me wrong, I love being a dad but this parent thang changes the heck out of you whether you want to admit it or not. Here are 10 things about 2018 Brian, that 2014 Brian would be shakin' his head at!
- I say things to my son like "I’m going to count to 5 and you better....."
- I wake up sore in the morning from wrestling with Brody the previous day. He weighs 30 pounds
- I'm able to take an accurate temperature using the back of my hand.
- I check Family Fun Calendars
- Two Words: Mickey Mouse
- The ‘when I leave the house checklist’ includes sippy cups and diapers.
- I’m considering going to Kidz Bop live
- I seek out furry team mascots and things like Chuck E. Cheese in hopes of introducing them to my child.
- I've gained at least 10 lbs of belly and neck fat from macaroni and cheese and Pepperidge Farms fishies
- There was a time where I'd never be caught dead in a (((GASP))) swimming pool of random kids.
I must admit, one of my biggest parenting pet peeves is when parents take photos of their kid's first day of school. I'm proud to say I haven't done that. Yet.