Get $30 for Your Old Refrigerator Near Albany
If you have an old refrigerator, you can now recycle it and receive $30. National Gridcan now recycle old refrigerators and freezers. The program will actually pick up the appliances for you. To qualify for the program, though, you must be a National Grid electric customer and resident of upstate New York.
According to the Times Union, some other stipulations include:
- The refrigerator must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet using inside measurements.
- Must be a secondary unit for at least 6 months.
- Must be clean, empty and in working condition when it is picked up.
- Must be accessible for the contractor to get to — not in your basement for example.
- Someone at least 18 years of age must be present at time of pickup in order to sign consent form.
- One household is limited to only two units/two rebates.
National Grid has recycled a total of 5,911 since April 2010. To apply for your refrigerator or freezer to be recycled, go to www.powerofaction.com/unyfridge or you can call (877) 691-0021 to schedule a pickup.