Casey’s Memorial Day Cookout – Kabobs!
Kabobs are always a crowd favorite no matter what party your at and no matter the occassion. They can make for a great appetizer or as part of the entree and, they are fun! The best part is, though, you can make them in advance and grill them as you go! Once again, saving yourself time and stress the day of your Memorial Day get together. This recipe is called Cowboy Kabobs, courtesy of Kraftrecipes.com.
One thing to keep in mind when preparing your kabobs is the meat you buy. Be sure to get a tender enough piece of beef because they will cook fast and you don’t want them over done and extremely tough.
What you need:
- 1/3 cup A.1. Original Steak Sauce
- 1/3 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
- 2 tsp. KRAFT Prepared Horseradish
- 1 beef top round steak (1-1/2 lb.), cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 9 pearl onions
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 9 strips
Now what you do:
- MIX first 3 ingredients until well blended.
- THREAD meat onto 18 skewers; place onion or pepper strip at end of each skewer. Place kabobs in shallow glass dish. Pour steak sauce mixture over kabobs. Refrigerate 1 hour to marinate, turning occasionally.
- HEAT grill to medium heat. Remove kabobs from marinade; discard marinade. Grill kabobs 4 to 6 min. or until meat is done, turning occasionally.
Keep in mind, kabobs can burn quite easily since there isn’t much on the actual screwer compared to how much heat you are using. So again, budget yourself enough time to keep a watchful eye on the clock and your kabobs because overdone — not so tasty! Good luck!