Casey’s Memorial Day Cookout — Another Appetizer
If you plan on making the Cowboy Kabobs I told you about yesterday, here is another appetizer I found that I thought would make for a nice compliment to the grilled kabobs. The other thing to keep in mind is these are a great vegetarian snack. In case your guests aren't meat lovers, these are a great alternative for guests to snack on and still be satisfied. Once again they are from Kraftrecipes.com and referred to as Roasted Pepper and Basil Skewers.
What You Need:
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) POLLY-O Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, cut into 16 cubes
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 2 roasted yellow peppers, each cut into 8 small squares
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup KRAFT Classic Italian Vinaigrette Dressing
Now You Need to:
- THREAD all ingredients except dressing onto 16 small wooden skewers or toothpicks. Place in shallow dish. Add dressing; turn skewers to evenly coat ingredients with dressing.
- LET stand at room temperature 20 min. to marinate, turning occasionally.
- REMOVE skewers from marinade just before serving; discard marinade.
Keep In Mind:
- To roast peppers, reheat broiler. "Place whole bell peppers or large chile peppers on foil-covered baking sheet. Broil, 4 inches from heat, 7 to 10 min. or until peppers are evenly blackened, turning occasionally. Place in paper bag; close bag. Let stand 20 min. or until peppers are cooled. Remove peppers from bag. Peel away blackened skins with small knife; discard skins. Cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove and discard seeds. Use roasted peppers as directed in recipe."