Best Time to Do 7 Random Things
This morning on our show, I gave the guys this "vital" information for day to day scheduling. According to a "team of experts" here are the best times of the day to do 7 random things -
1. The best time for sex is between 7:00 and 8:00 in the morning. That's when a guy's testosterone peaks, and a study at Rutgers University found the amount of foreplay almost doubles if it's first thing in the morning. Yes!
Be careful though, because it's also when you're most likely to get pregnant. Uh oh!
2. The best time to tackle your hardest task of the day is between 8:00 and 9:00 A.M. It's when your body produces the mostcortisol, which is the hormone that helps you deal with stress. (I think this one is funny because I crash the hardest at about 8:30 am!)
3. The best time to go grocery shopping is between 10:00 and 11:00 A.M. You're still full from breakfast, so won't buy as much junk food. You can also go after lunch or dinner, but the store is usually busier then.
4. The best time to ask for a raise is between 11:00 and noon. You're not groggy anymore, but you're not tired yet. So it's when you and your boss both have the most energy. The worst time to ask for a raise is at the end of the day... or ever if you work with us.
5. The best time for lunch is between 1:00 and 2:00. That's when your digestive system starts running at full speed. And if you wait any later than that, your blood sugar starts dropping, so you're more likely to overeat.
6. The best time to exercise is between 5:00 and 6:00 P.M. I've always heard the morning is better - I even exercised in the morning for a while but it made me feel worse! In the early evening you're stronger, more flexible, and have more stamina, so obviously do it then!
7. The best time to drink without getting drunk is between 6:00 and 8:00. Your body processes alcohol more slowly at night than it does during the day. So it takes longer for it to get into your bloodstream. (It's always funny when the beer guys bring us samples during the morning show we always get really tipsy from just a few ounces of beer, must be our bodies are processing the alcohol super fast at 8am!)
Alcohol also affects your circadian rhythm, and makes you feel like taking a nap if you drink too early in the afternoon!