Alex Trebek Has Mild Heart Attack, But Is Not In Jeopardy
Well, it’s true! Jeopardy’s Alex Trebek did suffer a mild heart attack according to what I just read on CNN.com, but they say he is OK.
According to the article, he was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in LA and is in good spirits. He’s expected to make a full recovery, so indeed the host of Jeopardy is…not, thank heavens. Seriously, I can’t see anyone else who fits that show better, do you? You couldn’t have Drew Carey or Steve Harvey do it. Wouldn’t work.
A few bits of trivia about Mr.Trebek for you, according to Wikipedia.
1. His real first name is Giorgi Suka-Alex Trebek (a native of Canada)
2. He’s the only game show host in history to have hosted 3 game shows at once – “Jeopardy”, ‘Classic Concentration” and To “Tell The Truth”
3. He has played himself on Rugrats!
4. Back in 2004 he fell asleep at the wheel of his truck in California, and the vehicle reportedly flew 45 feet over an embankment .
5. He ran the Olympic Torch back in 1994 in Jacksonville ,Florida as part of it’s journey up the coast to Atlanta
(I also read that every year he takes the test to become a “Jeopardy” contestant and he always passes it – i can’t seem to find fact to verify it but I’m still looking!)
I sincerely hope that Alex is back on the show very soon (and sorry for the bad pun in the title – it was there and I went for it, and I’m sorry.