Albany St. Patrick’s Day Parade Check List
After attending many (and I mean MANY) Albany St. Patrick's Day Parades you can guarantee you'll see a few things.
That's why I've created this list for you to follow along while you're at the parade tomorrow. See how many you notice while you're enjoying the festivities!
- Someone in green from head to toe
- Mini leprechaun stuffed toys (on shoulders, sticking out of purses and as the day goes on doing things I can't type here.)
- A guy dressed up as a leprechaun (there is always one!)
- Green beaded necklaces
- Green bagels (so appetizing!)
- Someone with their hair dyed green
- Faces painted with Irish pride
- Lots of beer (everywhere and other adult beverages)
- Someone selling balloons, toys, festive goodies (which may or may not have anything to do with St. Patrick's Day)
- The Lucky Charms logo and/or cartoon leprechaun
- Four-leaf clovers
- Coolers filled to the brim
- Party like set ups (beach umbrellas, lawn chairs, coolers, etc)
- Red solo cups (maybe even green ones!)
- Several of the same St. Patrick's Day shirts purchased at Wal-Mart
- Pots of Gold with rainbows
- Music by the Dropkick Murphy's
- Yankees and Red Sox hats not in their normal dark blue/black color, but bright green!
- Groups of people celebrating with adult beverages from the earliest hours possible
- Families with little kids that have forgotten how crazy parade day can be
- Parents partying with their adult children (solo cups included!)
- Weird sunglasses
- Silly string
- A guy with a guitar
- Someone dressed like an elf (because, ya know, it's close enough)
- Nudity (as the day goes on, this is kind of inevitable - sorry, families!)
- Someone running into the actual parade
- Someone sleeping on the steps while the parade is going on
These are really just to get you started. Feel free to add your own and check off as the day goes on! More importantly have fun and be safe! Happy almost parade day!