A Guide To Winning The Power Ball Jackpot!
As you may know I am a gambler! I love to play the slots, Texas Hold’ em every now and then, I even bet the horses! But my ultimate gambling dream is to win the LOTTO! With the Powerball Jackpot up to $400 Million, I decided to do a little research to make my dream come true just a little faster! Not that I really WANT to share the jackpot with you, but I thought I would share the tips I found with you! It’s not going to be easy to win, tips or not, but hey, you never know!
- Powerball is a lottery game that is played in 30 states, as well as Washington D.C. and the Virgin Islands.
- Odds of winning are roughly 1 in 175 million
- Tickets: Pick 5 numbers choosing from 1-59 . Pick one “Power ball” ranging 1-35
- $1 per ticket
Seems SO easy!
Here are the tips:
- For the first 5 numbers: Choose a mix of even and odd numbers in your Powerball ticket. You can pick either two even and three odd numbers or three even and two odd numbers.
- Mix it up! Pick high and low numbers! Its RARE for all teens or all 50’s to come up.
- Here is one I found VERY interesting: Add your numbers up, make sure that the sum of the five numbers adds up to between 111 and 189. Sums that fall within that range account for over 70 percent of all winning tickets! Who knew!
- Go to the Powerball website and look over past winning numbers. You are looking for patterns. Either numbers that are missing often (don’t play them..coolers) or numbers that come up often (HOT numbers..play them).
- Pools: Office pools are popular when jackpots reach record levels. Clearly the more tickets you have, the higher your chances of winning. Most major jackpots are won by groups. Sure you have to share…but $400 million is a high enough number to split.
- Buying Tickets: Hey – you gotta be in it to win it, right? Get them early and avoid the lines. If you go last minute, you may get cut off from purchasing! Machines close 9 p.m. on drawing days!!
Now remember, these are just some tips out there. This in no way ensures you will win. I don’t want to be held responsible for that. But if you do win….remember who helped you!