5 Ways To Stay Healthy During Flu Season
‘Tis the season, flu season. This most wonderful time of year (note sarcasm) runs from October through May. There are five ways that you can give yourself the best shot at not getting the dreaded flu according to the Department of Health. I have to admit (as I knock on wood), I have been lucky the past few years not getting sick with the flu. But I hear this year’s strand may be a bad one. So I found five ways that we can all protect ourselves.
- First and foremost, doctors recommend that anyone over six months old gets a flu shot. Of course if you are over 65, or work around small children and the elderly you need to get the shot. Get it now because it takes up to 2 weeks to go through your system.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Only use hand sanitizer if you don’t have soap and water.
- Stay home if you are sick, rest and don’t risk everyone else in your office’s health.
- Eat right, healthy and with extra Vitamin C added to your diet during the flu season.
- Finally, stay informed. The Department of Health updates the flu epidemic often during flu season so you can see when and where you are at most risk.