5 Feel Good Stories to Make You Smile
It can feel like the media bombards us with bad news, all the time. The more connected we are, the harder it is to limit your exposure to sad and scary events that take place around the world. Here are a few random reminders of good people and good news that took place recently:
1. Schoep and John: heartwarming story about a dog with arthritis and his owner who carried him into Lake Superior every day to allow the warm water to sooth the dog’s pain. After the video went viral, donations started pouring in and the dog was able to get periodic laser treatments and a Tempur-Pedic bed to help make him more comfortable. The financial support coming in was so great that a foundation was set up to assist other dogs in need.
2. Tim Tebow Calls Matt Hardy after Car Accident: NY Jets quarterback called the Shenendehowa high school student after he was seriously injured in a car accident on the northway and family and friends took to Twitter to get Tebow’s attention with #TebowCallMatt.
3. Micah and Ripping Paper: if you’re online, you had to have seen the baby laughing hysterically over the ripping paper sometime in the last year!
4. Charlie Sheen Gives $75,000 to a Child Fighting Cancer: the daughter of a Hermosa Beach police officer fighting cancer received $75,000 from Charlie Sheen and $25,000 from Sheen's stunt double, Eddie Braun.
5. Oscar Pistorius, South African double-amputee runs in the 2012 Olympics: Oscar becomes the first person with blades as artificial legs to run in the Olympics.